Thursday, June 19, 2008

What's another couple hundred....?

My advice to people trying to save money is to NEVER get into road cycling. It is an incredibly addictive sport which is ridiculously fun and expensive. The following photo was captioned as "The Best-Looking Lemond Ever Made." I have to agree.

One of the dangers of making a salary and not paying rent is that you think you can afford things you really can't. I found a pristine 2001 Lemond Tourmalet with Selle Italia seat, Reynolds steel tubing, and Shimano tiagra components going for $350. I really shouldn't purchase it, but man is that a good deal. Someone help me.

2 comments:

Kai said...

Tell me about it... I haven't been able to find a good used road bike yet and I'm almost tempted to get a new one. Plus a commuter or something with a fender for rainy days.

David Ho said...

You know what? That's a great buy! $350 is actually pretty cheap for such components!